Call for Posters, Demos, and Presentations
Open Day for Privacy, Usability, and Transparency (PUT 2019)
Co-located with the 19th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium
July 15, 2019 – KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
General information: https://petsymposium.org/2019/workshop.php
The H2020 EU projects PRIVACY&US, SPECIAL and PAPAYA are organizing an Open Day for Privacy, Usability, and Transparency (PUT 2019) on July 15 (that is, the day before the start of PETS 2019).What is PUT 2019?
The Open Day will feature a mix of a discussion panel, lightning talks, and a poster and demo session which aims to attract young researchers, especially students, hackers, and activists interested in privacy, usable data protection, and transparency, including technical, societal, ethical and legal aspects around said topics.
The final schedule for the workshop, which will take place in Stockholm at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), will be announced closer to the event. The workshop will start at 1 pm and end at 6 pm, which will allow all participants to attend the welcome reception of PETS following the workshop.Topics of interest
This workshop aims to capture the intersection between privacy, usable data protection, and transparency. We welcome submissions on (but not restricted to) the following topics:
- What societal conventions are necessary to protect privacy and how can they be supported?
- What should a "Magna Carta for Data" look like
- What are the economic incentives for privacy preserving tools and techniques?
- What impact does privacy legislation have on existing systems and processes?
- Tools for monitoring and enforcing privacy and data protection laws
- Usable consent, transparency and control
- Surveillance and tracking
- Managing personal information disclosure
- Techniques for anonymity, pseudonymity and unlinkability
- Dealing with inference in private, sensitive or confidential data
- Protecting against pattern/behaviour discovery and community mining
- Protecting against identity theft and data falsification
- Data processing control and transparency
- Genomic privacy
- Privacy by design
- Privacy impact/compliance/risk assessments
- Privacy preserving location based services
- Privacy preserving data analytics
- Algorithmic transparency & fairness
If you wish to present a lightening talk, poster or demo relating to your work on any aspect of privacy, usable data protection, and/or transparency, please submit a PDF with a one-page extended abstract (LNCS format), including a title, author(s) and affiliation(s), and a short description (300 words maximum) describing the poster, demo or talk.
The LNCS template can be found here: https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines
Submissions must be uploaded to easychair via: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=put2019
Submissions will only be lightly reviewed and accepted abstracts will be published on the event's website.Important Dates:
Submission deadline: June 10, 2019
Authors' notification: June 14, 2019
PUT workshop: July 15, 2019 Organization Committee
- Delphine Reinhardt, University of Göttingen
- Emiliano De Cristofaro, University College London
- Leonardo A. Martucci, Karlstad University
- Melek Önen, EURECOM
- Sabrina Kirrane, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Simone Fischer-Hübner, Karlstad University